Yes i know I'm guilty of being MIA for the last two weeks and I'm sorry
Things hasn't been on my side ever since my return but nonetheless I am fine today.Alive and kicking!
Through my time here, I have experienced quite a few tremors through the months.
Its usually few seconds of shake side to side and you can see water in the aqua bottle of yours moving.
This will leave you getting used to it and just relax, knowing it will soon be over.
But yesterday at 12:45am, I was sitting at one of the hotel's hut, relaxing, playing Zuma game when the earthquake of 6.2 RS hit Nias.I still didn't realise it was an earthquake happening but just moments before, I did hear something like
a water tank falling to the ground. The vibrations got stronger and everything was shaking, blackout all of a sudden. Hardy ran out of the hut first and told me it was an earthquake and I was still blur(not enough sleep) and even ask why, whats wrong.. Then I felt even more stronger vibrations from the ground and we both try to run to open area and that was when getting balance was hard that we had to squat down. Many then went to the beach, checking for signs of tsunami.Then we realise the hotel has countless beautiful trees decorating the whole place and we are right in the middleof few huge trees.We called for Dian, who knows theres an earthquake but also blur to what to do, walking around infront of the room door
Oh dear life!!
Goodness, I was gonna shit in my pants, if this is how strong 6.2RS is, what more 8.7 RS that hit 2 years ago?
We then headed to town of Gunungsitoli to look at situation there. Check if theres any buildings collapse or casualties so that Hardy's dad, ex deputy mayor of Nias, also owner of Miga Beach hotel could inform the central government officials or press. We drove around town,it was 1:01am I remember, it seems fine, just that many people in town are just staying outside their homes, near the main roads, equipped with torchlight and Aqua bottle.
I realize that trauma has set within every Nias people here, i pity them having to live in this fear all the time.
I realize too that if I were to take up the job offered to me here in Nias, would I be brave enough to face it all by myself?
No comments:
Post a Comment