"Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream. (Paulo Coelho)"
Above is a quote on one post-its on my desktop to be a constant reminder to myself.
Paulo Coelho is my favourite writer, he just speaks his story in such poetic ways and today I bought a new book from him "flowing like the river" which i still don't know if i should read it now or in nias.
I can pretend—at least for few minutes—that I am different.
Ibegan to Imagine how I would be like to be living right at that moment.
I wanted to be happy, curious, joyful—living every moment intensely.
Believing in my dreams. Able to fight for what I wanted.
I observed the one I had been up until then: weak but trying to give the impression of strength.
Fearful of everything but telling herself it wasn’t fear—itwas wisdom of someone who knew what reality was…. Controlling and enslaving what should really be free: her emotions.
Trying to judge herfuture loves by her past sufferings.
But love is always new.
Regardlessof whether we love once, twice, or a dozen of times in our life,
we always face a brand-new situation.
Love can send us to hell or paradise, but it always takes us somewhere.
We simply have to accept it, because it is what nourishes our existence. …
we have to take love where we find it, even if that means hours, days, weeks of disappointment and sadness. (P.68, 69, 70)
Paulo Coelho
Source: By the River Piedra, I sat down and Wept
Another good book, I want to have a whole collection for my own keeps and not return it to the library.
Oh btw, scapegoats are for goats.. I need no runaway, just escapes..
Monday, August 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment