Friday, September 21, 2007

Nias girl say hello...

Hello everyone in Singapore!

Yahouwu! (hello in nias)
Sorry its been a week since I came to nias and no news from me.
The thing is, the training centre is built in such a way it is earthquake proof and theres really no signal here.And thankfully since we're here, theres no earthquake. Alhamdulilah.

Well, life here is pretty good. I love the laid back and back to basic kind of life.I want to blog from day to day but please understand that the internet here is way slower and so I'll share it when I get home.Work starts already though. Its quite tough. But ive learnt to toughen in out here. Be brave with all the bugs,slugs & insects and be more patient with the condition and slowness of things.The weathers too warm and humid at times but not too bad, its quite windy most of the time.The beach is walking distance and food has been good.I am slowly adapting to the way things go around here. The electricity gets turn off for 2 hours everyday because they want to save petrol and let the generator rest.Water is brought in from a huge tank and so the smell of copper is so strong when we bathe. Eww.But, nothing beats, a nice teh botol sosro in the hot weather wif wind through your hair and people chatting.

I have nothing to complain, its not that I do not miss my family and two bitches at home.
I just don't want to miss you guys or else I'll get homesick!
But hey, I'll be back on the 8th october okay.

The year 2 journalism students are here to do the manuals and write story for school and having them around is a good thing for me at least, its not that lonely.Other than that, i am doing just fine, I bathe twice a day everyday. Ok random.Niasan looks like people from myanmar. I made some good friends at our stay area.Febri, Theresia, Doan and Tina will be the ones I work with for the following 5 months.Oh! I went fishing ysdae for the first time and the sunset was awesome. Well the beach is beautiful, the stars at night and the group chit chatting and singing songs makes feel occpied and not 'emo alone.Then we got hooked to fishing and we all went longkang fishing the next day. Oh so fun!! We get boots and we are always equipped with insect repellent. all i get was fishing string entangled really bad and the guy didnt get fish but eel! Whatever we do are really cheap thrills and its so simple yet so joyful.

This weekend, I will be heading to Teluk Dalam to interview the people there again.Journey on the road is 2.5 hrs and we will spending the day at beach sorake. One of the surfing spots too.This is exciting for me and also quite tiring, so sometimes i just zzz when I get back to my room.What keeping me alright wif the long journey? Cute driver.. :P When asked when is "high tide" or "low tide", i was expecting, "oh later at 6pm etc.." but hey, i got shocked with "next year june maybe"!! oops.

I will share pictures soon ya, when I have time alright or when the internet here moves faster.
Oh, please look out for press releases on Nias trip.Berita Harian will be covering about me and dian stay here.Please cut out the news for me...And I think straits times will be covering the cultural night which is next wednesday night and guess who is hosting the show in bahasa nias?
Oh, me..

Wish me luck and I will see all of you guys soon.Abu, get ready my 'coffee' and azimah,
I missed you so much babe. To my family, go read your individual mails I replied.
And to those who hasnt been msging me, u forgot me? Hmph.
For now, please take care everyone and we'll talk soon.
I am typing this at full speed and when i press upload it moves so slow.
Oh Anti-Climax!

YES! Thats our room!! okay, can close your mouth already ya.. don't be too shock,the interior is nice.

No comments: