Friday, October 26, 2007

The Funeral that never was..

Sorry,Theres no pictures uploaded because I am rushing for time and this uploading is taking too slow!
Next time okay, or else its in my friendster some pictures..

So two days ago, I woke up to return Tina her shoes that she has left it in my room.
While looking for her, the kitchen girls said that she left this morning alone to go back to her parents house in HilliWeto,Lolohwu South Nias.Oh My, I really felt so sorry for her, riding 4 hours back to her village alone in this rainy weather because her mother died this morning.A funeral story is one of our stories anyway, so the day after, we decided to head off and visit her.Theres 4 people riding 2 different motorbikes,1 van(appx.13 ppl) and 1 truck(those that carry horses- app.10 people standing for the whole 4 hours journey)All that went to visit were the people of Kampung Sumenere and the workers at the farm.The van I was in had to stop mltiple times due to people vomitting and people needing to pee.
Oh, i shall not even start how bad the roads were...

So upon arrival, it seems like a very quiet town, very few houses and the living condition is far worse than our place.Doan, Dewi, Efo and Katherine knocked on the door to "permisi" first and all of the rest waited in the van.And we heard Tina's ever-loud cry, not tears of sadness but joy...to see all of us here at her village.
All of us were really stunned! How come she's all smiles and fine about the whole death?
Then appear before us is the supposedly dead mother!!We are all even more shocked, didnt know whether to cry, laugh or run away.In the words of Doan "kukira ada mukjizat mamamu hidup kembali Tina"

It was a mixed of emotions,some pitied those vomiting and old granny that was in the truck for 4 hours journey, some relief that her mother is just fine,some skeptical to how true the story is that the brother relayed wrong message and there was no signal for her to call back to the farm and inform us orwas she just wanting to have an off day because previously she wasn't allowed, some were just angry because they are daily paid workers and it costs them their a day wage.
But everyone just end the day with a laugh, in the words of Lester Chew "if i see the pastor who made this bad joke, i'll kill him"

We toured around her hometown and she brought us around her house. You guys better be thankful that you even get a nice squatting toilet.Wondering how their toilet looks like? Its with a pig(Freaking huge) snorting beside you..hmm, talking about company while you do business eh..
And for the record, our homestay area sitting toilet arent working and so I 'tahan' everthing for the total of going and coming back journey = +- 8 hours.And with all these Insects and bugs that 'tak makan saman', everyday I have itchfest in my room! Urgh..

So all of us decided to just head to the nearest beach and have lunch there and relax before heading back home.Well a pretty enjoyable trip i must say.. But work is just pilling and pilling..Website for the FTC is due, report for the government official is due,

And oooo..tomorrow theres Annual Surfing Competition in Beach Sorake..2 hours down south..And thank god Dian is writing the story and interviewing, cause I get to snap pictures.. *drools*Don't worry girls, I share share okay the pictures later of hot surfer dudes ehh... hehe..

Such an interesting sight right now, I see one contractor guy, cangkul-ing dian's slipper with Doan and other two workers overseeing it and Dian looking immensely seeing if her "stuff" is retrieved safely...because yesterday she needed to pee badly and while running across this path, supposedly shortcut and not muddy(she thought wrong).. it was like quick sand, sinking herself to knee level and now her pair of slippers is in the ground, many asked me why is dian running in the mud just now? and is she really that stressed that she needed a run?... When I asked her the other day she corrected me with a laugh and said "I needed to pee, and my slipper got stuck and the urine is already like THERE"So I guess she needed to run so as to increase momentum and the slippers will get off the mud and 'release' herself..From where I am sitting writing all this, Dian just waved the two muddy slippers to me with a smile..

Oh The Sight of Salvation!

No comments: